Chunky Fish Pockets Serves 4
- 4 170g (6 oz) haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 4 processed cheese slices, cut into pieces
- 4 cooked ham slices, cut into pieces
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- dash of lemon juice
- 15g (half an oz) butter or margarine, melted
- lemon, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Make an incision in the flesh of the fish along the longest side to form a pocket.
- Mix the cheese and ham together and spoon into the pockets.
- Arrange the fish portions onto individual foil sheets. Season and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Loosely fold the foil to make individual foil parcels. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the fish is cooked.
Tip: Alternatively, use plaice or lemon sole fillets instead of thick haddock or coley. Place the fillets onto a board, skinned side up and divide the topping equally between the fillets and fold over.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry