Chinese Steamed Mackerel Serves 2
- 2 225g (8 oz) mackerel, defrosted, cleaned and head removed
- 1 10ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) sunflower oil
- 340g (12oz) pack of prepared Chinese stir fry vegetables
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) oyster or soy sauce
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sherry
- pinch of Chinese five spice seasoning
- Make 3-4 diagonal slashes across both sides of the mackerel.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan. Add the vegetables and garlic, stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the mackerel, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the oyster or soy sauce, lemon juice, sherry and Chinese five spice seasoning.
- Pour over the mackerel and vegetables, cover and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with egg noodles or rice.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PERSON (APPROX) 620 Kilocalories;
47g Protein; 42g Fat; 10g Carbohydrates; 4g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry