Chilli Roasted Salmon with Crispy Vegetables and Coconut Rice Serves 2
- 2 180g (6oz) skin-on organic salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g (4oz) Basmati rice, cooked
- 1 stick lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 100ml (4fl oz) coconut cream
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into fine strips
- 50g (2oz) beansprouts, cleaned
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 100g (4oz) shitaki mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dust the salmon liberally with chilli powder and salt. Heat the oil in a large pan, place the salmon skin side down and cook for 1 minute. Turn the fish over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the Basmati rice in a pan with the lemongrass, add the coconut cream, season to taste.
- Heat the butter and sesame oil in a wok or large pan, add the vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until crisp.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of coconut rice topped with the crispy vegetables.
Recipe kindly donated by Scottish Quality Salmon