Chilli Fish Pie Serves 4
- 455g (1 lb) haddock fillet, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 0.5 5 ml spoon (half a teasp) ground cumin
- 0.5 5 ml spoon (half a teasp) coriander
- 0.5 5ml spoon (half a teasp) chilli powder
- 1 200g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) tomato puree
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- 55g (2 oz) button mushrooms, halved
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 225g (8 oz) puff pastry
- egg or milk to glaze
- tomato and parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Heat the oil in a pan, cook the onion, garlic and ginger until soft and transparent. Stir in the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and vegetables, bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are just tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fish. Spoon into a pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry to a large rectangle, use to cover the filling, trim to fit. Decorate with fish shapes cut from the trimmings.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Garnish and serve with green vegetables
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 357 Kilocalories; 24g Protein; 18g Fat; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry