Cheesy Topped Fish Serves 4
- 4 170g (6 oz) haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15g (half an oz) butter or margarine
- 85g (3 oz) plain fromage frais
- 0.5 5ml spoon (half a teasp) wholegrain mustard
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 55g (2 oz) grated double Gloucester cheese
- 4 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- watercress, to garnish
- Place the fillets onto a greased grill pan. Season and dot with butter or margarine.
- Grill under a moderate heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile mix the fromage frais, mustard, spring onions and cheese together in a small bowl.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the fish. Spoon and spread the fromage frais mixture over.
- Return to the grill and continue to cook for a further 8-10 minutes until the fish is cooked and the cheese mixture golden brown.
- Serve with a mixed salad and crusty French bread.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry