Cheesy Fish Serves 4 baby portions
- 170g (6oz) cod loins, defrosted and skinned
- 200ml (7fl oz) water
- 30g (1oz) unsalted butter
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 5 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 55g (2oz) mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- Poach the fish by pouring water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, add the fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter and add the leek. Cook over a low heat until soft. Add the courgette and carrot and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the cheese until melted.
- Carefully flake the fish, checking for bones; stir into the cheesy sauce and serve.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry