Cheesy Cod Parcels Serves 4
- 4 200g (7oz) chunky cod loins, defrosted, skinned
- 500g packet puff pastry, fresh or defrosted
- rind 1 lemon
- rind 1 lime
- 100g (3 and a half oz) packet of goat’s cheese with herbs, sliced into 4
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- milk or beaten egg for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375° F, Gas Mark 5
- Roll out pastry to a 35cm x 40cm (14” x 16”) rectangle. Cut into 4.
- Place citrus rind in the middle of each piece of pastry. Top with cheese, season and place fish skinned side up on top.
- Brush the edge of the pastry with milk or egg.
- Fold over the pastry, sealing edges to form a parcel.
- Turn over and place the parcels, sealed edges down, onto on a greased baking tray. Make a small cut into the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with milk or egg. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a fresh crisp salad and cherry tomatoes.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry