Bengal Fish Curry Serves 4
- 4 200g (7oz) cod loins, cubed, defrosted
- 4 5ml spoon (4 teasp) cornflour
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 3 15 ml spoon (3 tbsp) Bengal hot mango chutney
- 1 fish or chicken stock cube
- 300ml (10 fl oz) boiling water
- half a green pepper, cut into rings
- resh chopped coriander, to garnish
- Microwave Power: 800 Watt
- Mix together the cornflour, curry powder, mango chutney and fish stock cube in a heatproof jug.
- Gradually add the hot water, stirring until smooth.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Place the fish in a suitable dish, top with the sliced peppers and pour the sauce over the fish.
- Cover and return to the microwave and cook on HIGH for a further 3 minutes, stirring sauce half way through the cooking time.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving with wild and basmati rice and peshwari naan.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice and green vegetables.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX): 207 Kilocalories;
32g Protein; 2g Fat; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry