Beachcomber's Casserole Serves 6
- 680g (1lb 8oz) red snapper fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 0.5 5ml spoon (half a teasp) cayenne pepper
- 0.5 5ml spoon (half a teasp) dried crushed chillies
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 200g (7oz) block creamed coconut, dissolved in 300ml (10fl oz) boiling water
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish. Cook the onion, garlic, cayenne, chillies, and green pepper for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat and gradually add the coconut milk, stirring all the time.
- Add the fish and simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with rice or pasta or as a filling for jacket potatoes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 240 Kilocalories;
25g Protein; 14g Fat; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry