Barbequed Scallops Wrapped in Bacon and Sage Serves 4 - 5
- 10 King Scallops, defrosted
- 20 fresh basil or sage leaves
- 10 rashers streaky bacon, halved
- 150ml (5 fl oz) prepared flavoured oil
- Preheat grill or barbecue
- Cut large scallops in half horizontally to make 2 rounds. Place two basil or sage leaves on top of each scallop.
- Stretch the bacon with the back of a knife and wrap each bacon strip around one scallop, then wrap a second if used across the first, to enclose the scallop.
- Thread each scallop onto 2 pre-soaked wooden skewers, brush with the garlic or herb flavoured oil and place onto a prepared foil-lined barbecue or grill, or griddle pan placed directly onto the barbecue.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, turning once and serve immediately.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry