Barbequed Sardines Serves 4
- 8 30g (1oz) sardines, defrosted, cleaned
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- thyme and rosemary sprigs, to garnish
Tip: Cook under a hot grill omitting the sprigs of fresh herbs.
- Preheat the barbecue
- Lay the fish in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the parsley, lemon rind and juice, olive oil and seasoning.
- Pour the mixture over the fish and coat well.
- Arrange thyme and rosemary sprigs over the barbecue grid and lay the fish on top.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, brushing fish occasionally with any remaining lemon and herb mixture.
- Serve hot with a salad and crusty bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 150 Kilocalories;
12g Protein; 11g Fat; 0g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry