Baked Shark with Mustard Serves 4
- 4 170g (6oz) shark steaks, defrosted
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) wholegrain or French mustard
- 30g (1oz) butter, melted
- 45g (1and a half oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, Gas Mark 4
- Place the steaks into a lightly greased ovenproof dish and season.
- Brush with the mustard and pour over half the melted butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (20-25 minutes, if frozen).
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parsley together and add the remaining butter, mix well and sprinkle over the steaks. Cook under a moderate grill for 5 minutes until crispy.
- Serve with a potato salad and sliced tomatoes.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry