Baby’s Fish Bolognaise Serves 6 -8
- 115g (4oz) cod loins, defrosted, skinned, cubed and all visible bones removed
- half a small onion, finely chopped
- half a small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- half a stick celery, finely chopped
- half a carrot, finely chopped
- 6 ripe medium sized tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- half a courgette, thinly sliced
- 4 small mushrooms, peeled and chopped
- 150ml (5 fl oz) water
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) fresh chopped basil
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) tomato puree
- 55g (2oz) mini pasta shells, cooked
- Microwave Power: 800 Watt
- In a suitable dish, place the onion, red pepper, celery and carrot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Add the tomatoes, courgette, mushrooms, water, basil and tomato puree. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Puree the mixture. Stir in the fish, cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta, cover and cook on HIGH for a further 1-2 minutes.
Tip: Freezes well in small pots or ice cube trays. If cooking from frozen no need to defrost, simply add 1-2 minutes onto the cooking time.Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry