Aromatic Mackerel with Chick-peas Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) mackerel fillets, defrosted, cut in two crossways
- 1 432g can chick-peas, drained
- For the marinade:
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) curry powder or paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 70ml (7 dssrtsp) water
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tblsp) sunflower oil
- 5cm (2”) piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- parsley or coriander to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F, Gas Mark 5
- Lay the fish into a shallow dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over the fillets. Cover and chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon the chick-peas into a lightly greased ovenproof dish and lay the fillets on top. Spoon over any remaining marinade mixture.
- Cover with foil and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with basmati rice and a selection of chutneys, relishes, mint yoghurt, naan bread or poppadums.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 428 Kilocalories;
29g Protein; 27g Fat; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry